Duropal XTerior compact fulfils the highest UV resistance requirements for the surface and due to its high mechanical strength values and design freedom, it is suitable for outdoor use, e.g. as facade, garden furniture, privacy screens, roof undersides, balconies or playground equipment. Especially if high standards of robustness, weather resistance and easy cleaning are required.
The CE-marking documents that goods comply with the safety and health requirements of the European Union. Its aim is to guarantee safe, flawless and high-quality goods on all European markets.
FSC quality available
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is a global, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of responsible forest management worlwide. FSC defines standards based on agreed principles for responsible forest stewardship that are supported by environmental, social and economic stakeholders.
PEFC quality available
PEFC is the largest institution for ensuring sustainable forest management through an independent certification system. Wood and wood products with the PEFC seal originate demonstrably from ecologically, economically and socially sustainable forestry.
|Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Thickness (mm)|
|2,800||2,070||6 | 8 | 10 | 12 | 13 | 15|
- EN 438-6
- Min. 1,350 kg/m³
Reaction to fire
- Normally flammable
- D-s2,d0 (EN 13501-1, CWFT acc. to 2003/593/EG)
- EN 438-7:2005
- Compact laminate panels/sidings for exterior wall and ceiling finishes (including suspended ceilings)
Formaldehyde emission class
- FSC certification or PEFC certification available on request.
Colour and surface match
- Decor, structure and core board all influence the final appearance of the end product.
- Due to the product-specific differences in production technologies, even identical decor/structure/core board combinations can result in slight optical and tactile deviations across different product groups and formats. Such deviations do not constitute a defect.
- The choice of surface structure in particular has a significant influence on the visual impression, the tactile perception as well as the technical characteristics of the product. Thus, the overall impression of a decor can change almost completely depending on the surface structure. Furthermore, mechanical influences on the product surface can lead to a higher contrast optical perception with dark decors.
- To ensure that you always achieve the best results with our products and to clarify any deviations in advance, we will be happy to advise you individually.
Machines and tools
- Can be worked with carbide tipped tools on conventional woodworking machines.
- All conventional removable and non-removable fittings for solid wood and wood materials are suitable.
Installation and assembly
- Sufficient conditioning is required prior to installation. The premises themselves need to be air-conditioned according to the future use.
- Please ensure that the material is processed and fitted correctly and using the best available technology.
- Ensure good rear ventilation and climate equilibrium on both sides in the installed condition. For adequate air circulation the void should be at least 20 mm. It is important to interrupt horizontal substructures as well as the top and bottom ends of the wall panelling so that vertical rear ventilation is possible. Avoid direct fixing on the surface without air gap.
- Ensure adequate room for movement of the panel material in the installed condition. Panel joints are to be made with oversize joints and throughholes.
- Make sure that expansion of installed elements is not prevented. Please observe that when panels are combined with other materials their coefficients of expansion may differ.
- Newly built walls (made of brick or concrete or plastered walls) contain considerable amounts of moisture. Before covering them with panels they must be completely dried out.
- Protect the substructure against corrosion.
- The base may not be moist or instable. Please make sure that minimum carrying capacity and stability correspond to the usage.
- Avoid direct exposure to heat and any possible dehydration of the surfaces by light- or heat radiation or by air currents from heating- or air conditioning systems.
- For further information on processing and installation of HPL and compact HPL, please respect the recommendations of ICDLI (www.icdli.com).
Storage, handling and transport
- To protect the high-quality surface Pfleiderer delivers these surface textures with a protective foil.
- The foil protects the surface from mechanical damages and dirt during transport, processing, storage and installation.
- Film covered panels should be used and the film removed within 6 months of delivery of Pfleiderer at the latest.
- Furthermore, pallets are wrapped with a stretch-foil to reduce dirt on the boards.
- Pallets and panels should be stored on an even surface.
- Panels should be stored horizontally on dry support timbers to avoid direct ground contact.
- Panels are to be placed on equally spaced (80 cm max.) support timbers of same thickness.
- If several pallet stacks are placed on top of each other the support timbers are to be positioned vertically aligned with each other. The boards are to be stacked with flush edges to avoid damage to unprotected edges and corners.
- The top board must be completely covered with a protective board or cardboard. Sufficient distance from walls should be maintained: avoid direct contact.
Cleaning and care
- These panels are characterised by their outstanding material properties. They are durable,hygienic and easy to care.
- However, any contaminations or dirt of whatever form should be removed straight away if possible.
- Please note the following information to achieve an optimum care and cleaning effect and to retain the materialsurface properties long-term.
- Lacquered surfaces are usually given a regular basic clean with a solution of hot water and detergent.
- More serious and stubborn dirt should be left to soften for a while. The damp surface is then wiped down with hot, clean water until all residues of the cleaning agent have been removed.
- Then rub dry with a dry, lint-free cloth, where possible in the ‘decor direction’ or uniformly in one direction to avoid smearing or streaks.
- Cleaning products, cloths or sponges with abrasive ingredients, e.g. scourers, should not be used under any circumstances.
- Abrasive products and / or actions could irreparably damage the fine texture of the surface!
- So-called ‘balm’ products (skin-friendly washing-up liquids etc.) are unsuitable for cleaning as they contain substances to protect the skin that leave a film on the surface that is difficult to remove.
- Furthermore, alcohol-based cleaning products (e.g. glass cleaning products) or even pure plastic cleaning products are also completely unsuitable.
- Any contact with aggressive cleaning agents and lime scale removers – if they have to used at all – should be kept to an absolute minimum. Drips and spills must be wiped up immediately.
- Long exposure to these products could lead to the formation of micro-cracks or embrittlement of the surface with subsequent irreparable formation of stains, marks or scum (residues).
- Providing this information is observed, we believe it should be possible to keep lacquered surfaces perfectly clean.